LATEST (2nd Feb 2014): The proposal to move to Shepherd’s has fallen through and the Post Office is looking at other options. There is likely to be a repeat of the public consultation. The Post Office will continue operating at its existing location for the foreseeable future.
UPDATE: The consultation below has ended and we await the news on the proposed changes to the Village Post Office.
It has now been confirmed that the new post office counter will be located in Shepherds, two doors along from the current Post Office in Dulwich Village. A public consultation began on 15th November and will run to 6th January. The main questions on the survey are:
- How suitable you think the new location and premises are and how easy it is to get there
- Are the new premises easy for you to get into and is the inside easily accessible?
- Do you have any concerns about the new location?
- If so, do you have any suggestions that could help us make it better for you?
- Any local community issues which you think could be affected by the proposed move
- Anything you particularly like about the proposed change
Full details of the consultation can be found here Dulwich Village Post Office Consultation Letter
There is also a large poster in the Post Office telling people how to respond and information can also be found on:
- FREEPOST Your Comments
- Customer Helpline: 08547 22 33 44
- Textphone: 08457 22 33 55
Subject to the consultation, the post office will move to Shepherd’s in February 2014.
Published SB (20/11/2013)