Latest (2nd Feb 2014): The Rosendale and Croxted Road bridge replacements were completed successfully. All diversions and parking controls have ended and yellow lines removed.
LONDON BOROUGH OF LAMBETH AND LONDON BOROUGH OF SOUTHWARK
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 – SECTION 14
TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF PEDESTRIAN AND VEHICULAR TRAFFIC CROXTED
ROAD, ROSENDALE ROAD AND VILLAGE WAY AND TEMPORARY WAITING
RESTRICTIONS BURBAGE ROAD, GALLERY ROAD, HALF MOON LANE AND TURNEY
ROAD FOR BRIDGE REPLACEMENT WORKS
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that, to enable Network Rail to carry out bridge replacement
works, the Council of the London Borough of Lambeth with the agreement of the Council of the
London Borough of Southwark intend to make an order the effect of which would be to
ban pedestrians and vehicles from entering that length of :-
(i) Rosendale Road which lies between Hawarden Grove and a point 22 metres south-east of the south-eastern wall of the south-easternmost railway bridge over Rosendale Road;
(ii) Croxted Road which lies between Hawarden Grove and Croxted Close;
(iii) Village Way which lies between Half Moon Lane and No. 15 Village Way (an alternative route for vehicles 7.5 tonnes and under would be available via Half Moon Lane and Red Post Hill and vice versa),
Provided that the pedestrian or vehicle does not interfere with or disrupt the works exemptions would apply to any pedestrian or vehicle requiring access to or egress from properties or premises only accessible from these lengths of roads; and
(B) ban vehicles from parking or waiting (including waiting for the purpose of loading or unloading a vehicle) at any time in;:
(i) Burbage Road
(a) both sides, between Gallery Road and a point 20 metres north-west of Gallery Road;
(b) the north-east side, between Turney Road and No. 48 Burbage Road;
(ii) Gallery Road,
(a) both sides, between Burbage Road and a point 20 metres south-west of Burbage Road;
(b) the north-west side, between a point 220 metres south-west of Burbage Road and a point 250 metres south-west of Burbage Road;
(iii) Turney Road, both sides, between Nos. 140/142 Turney Road and Nos. 154/156 Turney Road;
(iv) Half Moon Lane,
(a) the south-east side, between Red Post Hill and Village Way;
(b) the north-west side, between Red Post Hill and a point 20 metres south-west of Red Post Hill.
2. Alternative routes for vehicles affected by the bans referred to in paragraph 1(A)(i) and (ii) above would be available via:
(a) Norwood Road and Thurlow Park Road; (b) Turney Road, Rosendale Road, Thurlow Park Road, Norwood Road (southbound), Christchurch Road, Hardel Rise, Tulse Hill and Norwood Road (northbound); and
(c) Dalkeith Road, Croxted Road, Thurlow Park Road, Norwood Road (southbound), Christchurch Road, Hardel Rise, Tulse Hill and Norwood Road (northbound).
3. Alternative routes for pedestrians affected by the bans referred to in paragraph 1(A)(i) and (ii) above would be available via Norwood Road, Half Moon Lane, Burbage Road and Turney Road and vice versa and for pedestrians affected by the ban referred to in paragraph 1(A)(iii) above via Half Moon Lane and Red Post Hill and vice versa.
4. The bans would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing
of the appropriate traffic signs.
5. The Order would come into force on 6th January 2014 and would continue for a maximum duration of 3 months or until the works have been completed whichever is the earlier.
Dated 13th December 2013
Head of Transportation
Published 14 December 2014 (SB)