Southwark Council is currently consulting on a Cycling Strategy – which includes the proposed Southwark Spine.
The Southwark Spine route is in the very early stages of consultation and the alignment has not been agreed. The Council has suggested that it follows the proposed Quietway route on Turney Road (which has not been confirmed for consultation and is at proposal stage) and the Council would very much like to know your thoughts about it. As part of the consultation the Council is also looking at demand (it is asking residents, whether or not they cycle and to identify their journeys as part of the survey) as well as asking for feedback on the Southwark Spine proposal.
Here are the links below to the Quietway (Waterloo to Greenwich) route which has been consulted on as well as the links to the Cycling Strategy and Southwark Spine proposal.
Quietway (Waterloo to Greenwich) proposal http://www.southwark.gov.uk/info/200431/street_improvements/3571/quietway_waterloo_to_greenwich
Quietway (Waterloo to Greenwich) proposal drawings
Cycling Strategy (Southwark Spine) – online survey
Cycling Strategy (Southwark Spine) – Interactive Map
The Council has asked for the TRRA’s comments both on the cycling strategy and the proposed Southwark Spine route. The TRRA Committee view is that it is not in a position to comment on behalf of the residents of the street. Individual residents can comment via the Interactive Map to pinpoint locations – and add to comments posted by others (or agree or disagree with what has been posted) and provide more detailed comments via the online survey. The proposals affect residents directly as cyclists and transport users and commenting early on them may enable them to be developed in a way of greatest benefit to us all. Do comment on the strategy and proposed Southwark Spine, as well as identify areas for improvement.
The Council has provided the information below on how to comment on the Cycling Strategy and proposed Southwark Spine.
- Visit www.southwark.gov.uk/cyclingstrategy to have your say and read the proposals.
- Complete the short survey and go into the draw to win one of three shopping vouchers worth £100 (terms and conditions apply).
- You can also log specific issues using the interactive map tool. Simply register with your email and start posting comments. Add as many locations as you like. Add to comments posted by others, and agree or disagree.
- Become a cycling champion: We need parents, carers and grandparents, community and religious leaders, teachers, doctors and nurses, and business owners cycling and leading by example. This type of leadership is key to achieving our ambition. Email email@example.com if you would like to get involved.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 7525 4530 with specific questions or ideas
- Tweet #cyclesouthwark
- Consultation closes Sunday, 1 February 2015