McCullogh Homes completed the purchase of the S G Smith site late last week.
We have spoken to the company and offered our help to make sure residents are aware of what was being planned and timescale.
The company was unaware that there are several residents’ associations around the site, Gilkes Crescent, Calton Avenue, Court Lane & Turney Road.
We need a lead resident to be the contact point for us.
The company has confirmed the following:
- Its current intention is to build the scheme as consented.
- It will be using its own architect to prepare the drawings and not Pantur Hudspith – they are currently checking the layouts relative to the site survey.
- It intends to leave the existing buildings as they are for now – without a hoarding as they consider that they are secure – and they are alarmed.
- It may, subject to agreeing a rent, use the rear part of the old show room as a site office.
- It is very unlikely to start work before the beginning of next year
- It is fully aware of the number of planning conditions that they are required to have approved before work starts.
Any resident who wishes to be our lead on this important development at the centre of the Village please contact us through the site.